What is Emerging Leaders?
The Emerging Leaders Program is a ten week experience designed for first and second-year students interested in personal growth and leadership development. The program introduces you to leadership through meaningful discussions, activities, adventures, and a retreat.
- Develop a personal philosophy of leadership
- Increase self-awareness through the exploration of values, beliefs, culture, and identity
- Understand the basics of group/organizational roles and dynamics and one's role within a group
- Understand one's role and responsibilities within the larger community to become a more informed and involved citizen
- Empower students so they may become agents of change and leave a positive legacy at Appalachian State
Want to participate in Emerging Leaders in Spring 2018?
Click HERE to tell us about yourself and schedule a 15 minute informal interview.