Want to enhance your effectiveness as a leader?
Leadership Coaching is an opportunity for you to define your current skills and enhance your leadership ability. Leadership Coaches partner with you in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to meet your personal and leadership potential.
A trained coach will help you to...
- Discover, clarify, and align what you want to achieve
- Encourage self-discovery
- Draw-out and help you create your own solutions and strategies
- Be disciplined as you work through your strategies
- Stay accountable to your outcomes
We find that one-to-one coaching helps you dramatically enhance your outlook on work and life, improve your leadership skills and unlock your potential through self-awareness.
If you are currently in a leadership role or believe it is important to improve your leadership abilities - you're eligible. Leadership can take place in the classroom, in campus clubs and organizations, in the community or in the workplace.
Who is a Leadership Coach?
Our coaches are professional staff and graduate students from a variety of backgrounds who have completed Leadership Coaching training. They are experienced leaders and are passionate about coaching our next generation of great leaders.
What leadership topics are covered?
Your dedicated Leadership Coach will act similar to a mentor. They'll help you create and achieve goals related to any number of topics such as time management, personal or professional relationships, delegation issues, resolving conflict, making decisions, professionalism and more!
How much time does it take?
You will meet one-on-one with your Leadership Coach on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for one hour. In the professional world, this service could cost you over $100 an hour, but leadership coaching is free to App students!
- Become more self aware and learn your true interests and passions
- Develop a desired balance between work and life
- Create and accomplish goals
- Increase productivity
- Resolve conflict successfully and professionally
- Become more assertive
- Manage others more effectively
- Increase self-confidence
- Analyze problems and make better decisions
- Know your obstacles and challenges and how to move through them with less stress
- Transition effectively to new environments and new positions
I'm not sure leadership coaching is for me. Can I just try it out?
Absolutely! All students are welcome to a trial coaching session with no commitment. If you find your first session is valuable, we'll arrange a time to continue the coaching relationship. Simply complete the application and a professional staff member will contact you to discuss next steps. If you're in the student center, stop by our office in the McCaskey Center room 244 and we are happy to talk with you about the program.
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Visit us or call to find out more about leadership programs!