Here is the list of courses that are required for the Leadership Studies Minor. To review the descriptions of each, please click Course Descriptions. All courses counting toward the minor must be at the 2000 level or above.
• Principles of Leadership (Core Course 1)
• Senior Capstone Leadership Seminar (Core Course 2)
• 12 additional credit hours made up of courses that are related to the study and process of leadership.
The additional courses could relate to the contexts of leadership.
• Understanding groups, organizations, or communities
• Communication skills
• Effective management, facilitation
• Ethics, culture, diversity
Ask Your Advisor When Declaring A Minor
Before declaring a minor, talk with your Academic Advisor about the requirements within your specific college or department.
• Courses counting towards the student's major cannot be counted for the minor.
• Other courses can be added to the list of elective courses with the approval of the Leadership Studies Minor Advisory Board and the Chair of the Department of Human Development and Psychological Counseling. Substitutions may be made with the approval of the director.
Here is the list of courses that are required for the Leadership Studies Minor. To review the descriptions of each, please refer to this program page. All courses counting toward the minor must be at the 2000 level or above.